Viridian Data Analytics
The Market Intelligence on Cannabis/CBD/Psychedelic Capital Raise and M&A Transactions Used by Companies, Investors, Acquirers and Advisors to Make Informed Capital Allocation and M&A Decisions
Trailing Twelve Months
Equity Capital Raised
# Equity Transactions
Debt Capital Raised
# Debt Transactions
M&A Transaction Value
# M&A Transactions
Viridian Cannabis Deal Tracker
Launched in January 2015, and having analyzed more than $60B in deals, the Viridian Cannabis Deal Tracker is a proprietary data service that monitors and analyzes capital raise and M&A activity in the legal Cannabis/CBD/Psychedelics industries. Each week the Deal Tracker provides proprietary data and market intelligence on transactions, including:
DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF DATA SERVICES
Provides weekly data and insight into Cannabis/CBD/Psychedelic industries equity issuances
Provides weekly data and insight into Cannabis/CBD/Psychedelic industries debt issuances
Provides weekly data and insight into Cannabis/CBD/Psychedelic industries M&A deals.
Provides valuation analysis for over 370 public Cannabis/CBD/Psychedelic companies.
Provides credit/liquidity analysis and rankings for over 370 public cannabis/CBD companies
Industry Sector Tracker
Analyzes transactions by industry sector in order to track the flow of capital and M&A across 12 industry sectors – from cultivation to brands to software
Analyzes deals by location of issuer/seller in order to track the flow of capital and M&A deals by state and country
LATin america deal tracker
The Latin America Deal Tracker is a monthly report that includes all equity, debt, and M&A transactions that occurred in the region.
Chart of the Week
Provides insight on the most influential trends from the past week in the Cannabis/CBD/Psychedelic industries
YTD Charts for Capital Raises
Consists of an overview of capital raise activity in the Cannabis/CBD/Psychedelic industries from the current year
Consists of an overview of the M&A activity in the Cannabis/CBD/Psychedelic industries from the current year
Viridian Capital Advisors Offers unique propriety data services including:
Examples of our data, analytics, and market intelligence
Equity Deal Tracker
The Equity Deal Tracker includes a weekly analysis of equity issuance. Data includes issuer specific information, deal size, pricing, share information, deal implied valuation information, and warrant information.
M&A Deal Tracker
The M&A Deal Tracker includes a weekly analysis of mergers & acquisitions in the cannabis industry. Weekly data on deals includes the acquiror and target information, deal size, type of deal, structure, and valuation information.
When it comes to credit ratings for Cannabis/CBD/Psychedelic companies, many investors, acquirers, and lenders have been left in the dark with a lack of information. With Viridian’s data and market intelligence, that is no longer the case. The Viridian Cannabis Credit Tracker is the first of its kind, providing users with a proprietary credit ranking system for companies based on a company’s liquidity, leverage, profitability, and size.
Viridian Cannabis Deal tracker for the week ended 9/9/22
Viridian Insights of the week
- MSOS vs S&P 500: Cannabis equity prices, as measured by the MSOS ETF, were down 12.03% this week. The market is adjusting to the fact that margins are unlikely to bounce back soon, and the risk of a hard landing has gone ups significantly
- Market Outlook: The FED bumped up interest rates by .75% as expected today but the DOW took no comfort, trading down 522 points. We included a yield curve chart from the Federal Reserve Bank of St Louis in this week‘s tracker showing an increase in the curve’s inversion. The closely watched 2-10 year spread has predicted all of the last six recessions.
- What’s Happening with Cannabis Margins?: Our outlook is cautious as we see cannabis margins erode in the near term. Cannabis wholesale prices are weak in nearly every market without cultivation limits. Additionally, legal cannabis producers face a built-in lower-cost substitute in the illicit market, and the heavily fixed-cost nature of indoor cannabis production exacerbates the downward pressures. Inflation is likely to be more challenging than expected to tame, and escalating costs and a pressured consumer round out the industry’s near-term issues.
- What Investors Are Looking At: Investors have been closely reviewing the companies’ liquidity in their portfolios. We expect to see additional stressed financings like LOWL Farms (LOWL: CSE), a debt issue with effective costs over 30%.
- Trend Of The Week: We are seeing an increase in credit restructurings like this week‘s agreement from Red White and Bloom (RWB: CSE). Interestingly, one of the lessons from high–yield bonds is that defaults tend to increase as the market begins to recover! The ride is just beginning.
Equity Deals For this week
This week there two equity transactions, totaling to $11.0M. This was highlighted by Bright Green Corp. (BRXX: Nasdaq), a company operating under a Memorandum of Understanding with the DEA to produce and sell federally legal cannabis, announced the closing of a PIPE issuance of units for gross proceeds of approximately $10M.
Debt Deals For this week
This week there two debt transaction, totaling $14.50. This was highlighted by Trees Corp (TREES: NEO)(CANN: OTCQB), an MSO with operations in Colorado and Oregon, closed a $13.5M Senior Secured Convertible Note offering with warrants.
M&A Deals for this Week
This week there was only one M&A transactions, totaling $8.82M. This was led by Glass House Brands (GLASF: OTCQX), an integrated California cannabis competitor best known for its mammoth greenhouse grow facility, announced the closing of the acquisition of the Natural Healing Center dispensaries located in Morrow Bay, California, for total consideration of $8.82M.
Viridian Valuation Tracker
The Viridian Cannabis Valuation Tracker focused on the 8 Cultivation & Retail sector companies in the Viridian Value Tracker database with market caps between $100M and $300M.
Viridian Credit Tracker
The Viridian Credit Tracker focused on the 13 U.S. Cultivation & Retail sector companies with market caps between $10M and $100M in the Viridian Credit Tracker database.
Viridian Sector Deal Tracker
This week’s Viridian Industry Sector Tracker highlights Cultivation & Retail, but shows that the sectors dominance has declined over the past few months.
Viridian Regional Deal Tracker
This week’s Viridian Regional Deal Tracker shows that Arizona, New York, and California have the top three total M&A values in the LTM period.
Latin america deal tracker
The Latin America Deal Tracker is a monthly report that includes all equity, debt, and m&a transactions that occurred in the region. The LATAM deal tracker also gives a transactions review and year over year trends.
Chart of the Week
Viridian’s Chart of the Week tracks the rotation of M&A transactions by state, referencing the data from the Viridian Regional Deal Tracker.
YTD Charts for Capital Raises
The YTD charts provide data and insights into the public vs. private capital raises for the current year, total number and dollar amount of capital raises each week, and capital raises by sector.
YTD Charts for M&A
The YTD charts provide data and insights into the public vs. private mergers & acquisitions for the current year, total number and transaction value of M&A deals by week, and M&A deals by sector.